In Finmark, you can use formulas and unique variables to your company to build a revenue forecast.
You can leverage Finmark system variables and custom variables as metrics and formulas to forecast your revenue. For example, users>converted trials>converted subscribers.
Your revenue projections are a key element of your overall financial plan. The Revenue page provides the tools you need to build out your top-line forecast and capture key assumptions, like growth and churn.
Finmark organizes revenue into three concepts:
Product - A product is an item that you are offering for sale. It can be a service or an item. They are required in order to add a subscription revenue stream or a one-time purchase revenue stream.
Revenue Stream - A revenue stream is an activity that drives your revenue. Revenue streams can be set up to drive product revenue, or revenue only. They are associated with individual products and product plans.
To use a custom formula to drive revenue:
Navigate to the Revenue section
2. +Add Subscription Price Plans and Other Product Pricing Variables
2. Select Frequency dropdown to select if the product is a recurring revenue product or a One-Time Transaction price.
3. Once you have added your products, select Revenue Stream to begin forecasting your revenue.
4. Select Custom Formula in the revenue driver dropdown
5. Reference our Formula Guide for understanding how to build a formula
Check out the brief tutorial video below of using a formula to forecast subscribers with a growth rate that changes over time.